Wednesday 11 September 2013

Fitness Failure

Only a year ago, I was amped up and started running for the first time in my life.

And one year later- I am doing NO exercise.

It all started to do downhill after the 7k race in February. I got such a good time (for me) and was so proud of myself. However, after that there was no real goal to work towards and I lost motivation. Also we moved house, so my favourite running track was replaced with steep hills (not surprising in Wellington.) I do live close to amazing views, but I have NO motivation to run on hills.

This amazing view is about 2k and many hills from our house

Another thing working against me was my medical/pregnancy issues earlier this year. When I was pregnant I wouldn't do any exercise for fear of harming the baby. When I was miscarrying I was advised not to do any exercise anyway. And now I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have been advised against exercise for medical reasons (for now anyway.)

So, whenever I can get back into it -later this pregnancy or after baby is born- I'm going to be starting all over again.

I'm hoping I get the all clear for some 'gentle' exercise soon, as I'd love to do yoga or pilates, at least to get a bit of strength and flexibility. I have considered aqua-natal-jogging, but I can't get past the fear of it being like this.....


Actually, I should probably just get over myself, because anything in a cold pool is probably going to be very appealing this summer.

I suppose this is just a 'woe is me' post, and there is nothing I can do about the exercise situation at the moment. The only way I can control my health is by eating well, and I am trying my best but I definitely could improve. If I end up not being able to exercise till after March, I will just have to accept it, and do the best I can when I am allowed again. Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...