Monday 2 March 2015

Steps forward and backwards

Two weeks ago I posted an elated status on Facebook: 

"This girl is 7.25kg and gaining and doesn't need to see her paed for feeding any more (just for normal premmie check ups) and is being discharged from her homecare nurse, slt and dietician ‪#‎progress‬ ‪#‎shessoawesome‬ ‪#‎proud‬‪#‎tubefree‬"

We were told she was being discharged from all care except the regular 6 monthly preemie check ups.

Turns out that isn't quite the case and she does need to be under some care for a while longer. There are still concerns about her weight and development.



There is a new plan of attack (that I am not 100% ok with, but I don't know what else to do), and we will see what happens.

So here we are again obsessively focusing on grams and kgs. That which I thought we had left behind, we haven't, not quite yet.

Today I am feeling disappointed and heavy. I'm going to allow myself to feel this today, and tomorrow I'm putting my big girl pants on and focusing on moving forward. And thinking about the positive- like hey at least she doesn't need the tube back at this stage.

This premmie journey, it's a doozy. Just when you think it's over, it likes to creep on in again.

And we put one foot in front of the other, and remember that one day these challenges will be a distant memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...