But, because it seems to me that winter is much longer than summer, I need a serious attitude overhall about winter, or I will be a grumpy sad sack all winter, and no one wants that (especially not Matt.)
I have decided to be a little Pollyanna like, and look at the good things about winter. Maybe if I repeat them to myself every day I will begin to believe them....?
Good points about winter
- The crisp, fresh air you breathe in makes you feel alive
- No sweating
- The potentiality of SNOW again! (The Moon Man says it will happen, so it must be true.)
- I get to wear this merino dress :)
- I get to cook hearty, warming dinners, which is what I cook best
- More excuses for snuggling up in bed
- More motivation to go to the gym, because it will make me feel warm. Maybe at the end of winter I will have my dream abs*?
- We are going to Europe in August, so we will escape some of the end of winter :)
- There's nothing like coming in from the cold to a nice warm house
Now we all know that if I listed the good points about summer, it would be much longer than the winter list. But I don't need any convincing about why summer is great.
What do you like about winter? Help a girl out here!