Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Home Stretch

I started a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics in 2006, and in two weeks I will finally be finished!

Of course, life didn't go quite as I had planned when starting my degree. After the first year, I was so in love with Sign Language that I decided to quit it and move up the country to study to become a Sign Language Interpreter. And so I did. Becoming an interpreter was HARD, but so, so worth it, cos I have a job I love so much now.

But, after I qualified and started working as an interpreter, I felt a little academically 'bored,' (and I'm a sucker for punishment), so I decided to keep going with my degree, part time (and extramuraly). And, because I am doing it part time while I work, it has taken me quite a while. So here I am 6 1/2 years after I started, and I'M ON THE HOME STRETCH!!

I am so excited.
No study for me next semester (we're travelling, so it wouldn't work), but I have a feeling I'll be back at the post grad level next year.

And now, I am procrastinating writing my last essay (MY LAST ESSAY!) and studying for my last exam (MY LAST EXAM!!), so I will say Ciao till then.
See you on the other side.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...