Saturday 16 June 2012

Date Night: Fine Dining Styles

I recently finished my degree (WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!) and it was my birthday in the same week. So, a celebration was called for.

Matt and I have never been to a 'fine dining' restaurant before, but this celebration (plus the fact we have an entertainment book to help with costs) called for a classy night out.

Matt picked the restaurant - I didn't know where we were going, so it was a fun surprise for me.

We went to The Ambeli (good choice Matt!). This is the type of place where they take your coat for you and put the napkin on your lap, so we felt posh.

Much wine was consumed.


They started by giving us mini bread rolls and olive oil. Then they served us a little mulled wine with a duck liver foam.....! It was SO delicious

Then we had a starter of "Pan-fried Haloumi & Candied Pecan Crispy Chickpeas, Orange & Basil Salad"

Miam Miam!

Then for our mains I had the most delicious pork I have ever eaten (Milk Braised Pork Belly with Candied Eggplant, Olive & Pine Nut CrumbleGrilled Artichoke, Butterbean and Smoked Pork Hock Salad, to be exact). Matt dined on Angus beef filet

(Chargrilled Angus Beef Fillet with Caper Custard,Fennel Remoulade Potato& Anchovy Raviolini, Nasturtium Leaf & Goats’ Cheese Pesto, to be exact)
You know you're at a flash place when you don't know what half the words on the menu mean. I thought Haloumi was a fish, but was soon corrected (oh the shame.)



We ended with a cocktail at the Library, which was just so delicious (Watermelon Margarita, yes please.)


We'll have to do it again, next time I finish a degree.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...