Thursday 7 March 2013

A Sad Goodbye *Meow*

Matt and I are moving to a new place the next suburb over! It has a garden and a garage (both of which we do not have now), not to mention a bath and a conservatory and an extra room. All for less than we pay now! We're excited.

But, there is one sad part of leaving.
For those of you who are my friend on Facebook, you will see we have gained a cat friend here over the past few weeks.



We've managed to piece together his story. He is a cat from a neighbour , he is a teenage cat, oh and he is maybe a she (yes, we looked.) We wrote a note and put it on his collar to get the neighbour to contact us. The note went, but no contact. According to other neighbours, the cat owner is a bit shifty. I don't really know cat behaviour, but he seems to be starving when he comes here, and devours any food we give him. On the other hand, he has a lovely shiny coat, and seems healthy.



He spends a lot of time with us. I feel sort of bad about this, but we have tried to contact the neighbour to see if this is ok (no response). To me it seems like the cat wants some love, which Matt and I give, cos we're big softies. Yes, the cat may have spent some nights on our bed (don't be horrified, Mum!).



He visits all the time, even though we hardly feed him now.
Matt and I are allergic to cats, so we both have a semi-stuffiness going on right now which isn't great. But we figure, it's only till next Thursday so we can cope.

In my heart, I wish we weren't allergic to cats, and I wish we could take this one with us!
I'm already enamored by him, and think leaving will be hard, especially with a few cat welfare thoughts floating round.

Cat, you're not even mine, and I don't know your name, but I will miss you and your playful spirit and your cute meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...