Thursday 18 February 2016

Seven times

Seven times I have seen you already baby, in under 15 weeks of pregnancy.

The first time, at 5 weeks, with a scan for bleeding, we couldn't see you but only a sac.
The second time, at 6 weeks, to check you were really there, I saw your heartbeat and the wee dot that you were.
The third time, at 8 weeks, a scan for bleeding again, we saw a bigger smudge with tiny nub limbs.
The fourth, at 11 weeks, in my obstetricians office, I quickly saw your face for the first time.
The fifth, the 12 week scan, we saw you as a baby. Your face, lips, nose chin. Your body and tiny feet and hands.
The sixth, at 13 weeks, in ED for bleeding, I cried when I saw your heart still beating.
And the seventh, at 14 weeks, at the hospital for constant bleeding, I saw you again.

This pregnancy has been a rollercoaster of worry. It seems like nothing has gone smoothly, and weekly, daily I am tested and do not know if you are alive or gone.

The last two times I have seen you, I have been so on edge, thinking the worst. And I'm sorry baby, because I know my emotional state effects you too.

Seven times you have proven to me that you are strong, you are growing, you are doing what you need to do.

And I've made a decision. Not that I won't worry. That would be a promise I'm sure I can't keep. 

I've decided that when I worry I will consciously remember that I have seen you seven times before. That each time you have proven that I should trust you to grow. Each time I've prayed that you'll be ok and each time my prayer has been answered.

Thank you baby for proving my worst fears wrong time and time again. I can't wait to meet you later this year and to snuggle you close. I love you already.

Mummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...