Thursday 23 January 2014

Beautiful things

I (re)found this song the other day.


(Beautiful things, Gungor.)

Here are some of the lyrics:
"All this pain,
I wonder if I'll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in you

You make me new, you are making me new."

I listened to this song on repeat and cried and cried (post-partum hormones partly to blame.) This song reminded me of a mere 6-8 months ago when I was feeling sad and hopeless after the miscarriages. Little did I know that straight away I would be pregnant again. And now I have my beautiful baby. Our rainbow baby, conceived in a time of dust, of emptiness, of dry land, now here, a beautiful thing from the broken. Out of chaos, came life.

And now we have been thrown in the deep end again, but I am clinging onto God, clinging onto hope. And I am seeing a pattern in my life of the valley, followed by hope and by new life, and I know I just have to keep walking here, one step in front of the other, and we'll be out the other side before we know it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...