Tuesday 15 January 2013

Couch to 5k weeks 8-9: I did it!

I did it! I completed the Couch to 5k program!


So now, 2.5 months after my first run (3.4k in 30 minutes of running and mostly walking) I can run a 5k in 29 minutes. I am super proud of myself (but also super keen to improve my time).



In the time since I have started I have
  • Bought new running shoes
  • Run at least 3-4 times a week
  • Been motivated to do other strength/HIIT workouts from home (you tube videos.)
  • Started drinking protein shakes after running after learning about the benefits of them
  • Learnt a LOT more about fitness, different types of workouts, how to stay fit etc
  • Learnt that my limits are NOT what my mind thinks they are (and that's gotta help every area of life.)

I'm looking forward to
  • Doing the 'Bridge to 10k' program
  • Running a 7k race in February (goal time: under 42 minutes)
  • Completing Jillian Michaels 6 weeks to 6 pack program 
  • Doing a whole lot of these workouts, especially the HIIT and kettleball ones
  • Maybe running a 10k in June
All in all, Couch to 5k is totally awesome, and has completely changed my perspective on my limits and on my health. Go try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...