Sunday 20 May 2012

The Poem Series: His Love


I love you
Like the waters deep so strong
And bottomless and with a pressure
You cannot hold
Mysteries abound themselves from me to you

I love you through the sun
And the rain, the leaves that fall and grow,
Delicate shells, intricate beyond knowing
I love you in the mountains rumble

I love you in your love,
That surrounds you,
Lovers and children and family and friends
All I can through them

I love you through words
Learning and knowledge all gained through pages
the poems, the lyrics, the novel of cunning and romance
Its all for you

I love you through all you touch,
Rough and dimpled surfaces
The raw invigorating wind and
Warm sun that kisses your skin to freckle
The goose bumps on your skin as you reach for me
show you I am there

I love you through sounds
Laughter and crescendos are all for you
I whisper love to you as you sleep
I love you through tunes sweet and soft
Through songs that drag you away to another place
Closer to me

I love you through taste and smell
Food and flowers and herbs and nature all for
You to enjoy, my love
To absorb in wonder

I love you when you turn
And fall and stumble
I am the one picking you up and wiping your tears and
Shame, guilt away
I put you back on your feet
And love you as you blossom again

How could you miss it?
Its all for you
Surrounding you, filling you in every moment
Dark and light and taste and sight
Sound and touch, conversations and glances
In working and resting, in toil and in your hallelujahs
In singing and sighing, in warmth and chills
Sleeping and waking and all in between
In age and youth and health and illness
In life and death and grief and joy
In the mundane and in the breathtaking
It’s always there for you
Love never ending




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...