Thursday 24 October 2013

Terp Life

There is the most amazing tumblr that pretty much explains my day job, Terp-Life tumblr.
I resonate with nearly every single one. It's fun to look at the amusing side of life too. I've copied and pasted some of my fav's below

When I wave at a hearing person who I thought was Deaf at my assignment
(awkward is my middle name)

I’m like
image

When I'm in a class where students are dissecting animals
(Or- when people are discussing bodily functions/eating with their mouth open/checking the snot on their tissue in a job and I'm pregnant-)

I’m like
image


When I am just about to leave for an all-day assignment and it cancels
(this hardly ever happens so when it does, it's gold!)

I’m like
image


When I'm in the hot seat trying to fight back a cough or a sneeze
(unfortunately due to hayfever this happens on nearly a daily basis!)

It’s like
image

When I'm trying to voice something, but my tongue gets twisted and I don't make sense
It’s like
image


When people ask me why I became an ASL/English Interpreter

I’m like
image
(obviously!)

Last but not least, my favourite pet hate:
When people call me a translator instead of an Interpreter

I’m like
image
(they are VERY VERY different things people!-- ok well maybe in the scheme of jobs they are kinda similar.)


And that is pretty much my day job, explained in Gifs. Off to work now. Toodles

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...